Tuesday, November 21, 2006
Four Additional Christmas Card Designs + Reminder
Here are 4 cards I attempted over the weekend. I still have 40+ cards to make, address, stamp and mail so I'm a bit behind (as usual).
On these samples I was playing around with scraps of some Basic Grey papers and trying for a vintage or Old World look to the cards. You can't tell from the scan but the card with the Santa and little girl is actually stamped and partially embossed with some really cool Fantasy Gold embossing powder. These cards didn't come easy for me as they are a new style for me as well as a different color pallette combination than I'm used to, but all in all I think I like them. they took me awhile to create but actually to make them up goes pretty quick.
If you are interested and able, come on over Friday, November 24, anytime after twelve noon and feel free to make as many Christmas cards as you wish for $1.00 each (includes the envelope). Feel free to bring your own background papers if you have some you've been dying to try. Please bring your basic supplies and if you have inks, embossing powders, punches, papers, etc that you purchased for making your cards feel free to bring them as well. You will have unlimited use of my computer, rubber stamps, inks, embossing powders, cardstocks, ribbons, etc. Some of the background papers may be different than the samples but I'm sure just as beautiful.
I will attempt to get as many of my Christmas cards completed as possible and will be at this most of the afternoon and evening, so if you don't have any plans come on over!! Right now there are four of us (Anita, Michelle, Cathy, me --- right?!?!?). I don't really have food plans so if we get snacky I'm sure I'll have turkey dinner leftovers, chips & soda, (beer - Michelle) and stuff like that or we can always take a quick break and hit the Sonic right around the corner!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday and I hope to see you before the end of the year!
PS. I keep forgetting to add, I do create custom cards for sale so if you aren't able to make your own and like some of my designs (or want me to create something just for you) please email or call me and let me know. Cards are usually $2 to $4 each depending on materials and design and include the envelope of course! Right now, I am working on a small order (oh yeah, and our family cards) but I do still have time to make cards for sale.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment