

Here are the samples for our next class. Above you will see two cards and a tag. I haven't created tags in a long time, although I have needed tags for gifts lately. The collage cards are easy to make and have been left blank inside so they will be ready for whatever occassion should arise. Besides aging the paper using ink, we will also make our own embellishments for the tag. Have you ever used a glue gun to make a button? I took an antique button and made a mould from which we will make our buttons and antique each before adding to our tag. We will also paint with Twinkling H2o's and use foam tape for added dimension. The Magnolia card above is a 5-1/2" square card and I will have envelopes to fit.
The other half of class is the cutest Post-It Note memo pad I came across during last weekend's rubber stamp convention. Pam of Morning Star stamps created the cute little holder using their "Things to Do after I have tea" stamp. Mom and I both purchased a stamp and she is planning on masking the word "tea" and replacing it with "coffee". I'm a tea drinker so the stamp is just fine the way it is.
This project works up really quick and is one of those little things to have on hand to give as a thank you gift or thinking of you. Mother's Day is coming up -- unfortunately my mother has seen this already project so back to the drawing boards for her card/gift. (Could be an early start on your 2007 Christmas projects.) The dimension of the acrylic holder is 5x7 and is perfect next your your phone or computer, and fits the 3"x3" post-its.
Class Specifics:
Date: Wednesday, February 28, 2007
Time: 6:30 pm until approx. 8:30 pm
Cost for Class: $15.00 for cards/tag, envelopes, and Post-It holder
(If you will be making either cards/tag only or Post-It holder only the cost is $8.00 each --- so you'll save a $1.00 making everything.)
RSVP: No later than Monday, February 26th, please. Besides saving your seat for class I will need to purchase the proper number of acrylic holders.

No comments:
Post a Comment