Friday, March 21, 2008

Another Peek & Wednesday Class Reminder

Really...I have been working on Wednesday's Card Class. I just haven't had a chance to upload all the images. I was behind with my Easter cards earlier this week but thought I'd post one just the same. This card could be used as a Spring Card or a Girlfriend card (just substitute, "Hey, Chickie" for Easter Greetings). The Easter Chick was one of those $1 Michael's stamps and I used the new Cuttlebug "Swiss Dots" embossing folder for the textured background. It was a really simple card - mostly just mattes.

What do you think of the Monkey Business card? It was fun - I actually used colored pencils to match the background flowers to the cardstock and ribbon. Not a hard card at all - just a lot of coloring. Coloring takes me back to my childhood and I actually had fun making this card last night. Madison made a card as well and this particular card is for her cousins birthday on Saturday so I'll have to make another sample for class. You can't see it from the photo but there is some shiny bling on the card and I thought this one screamed for a matching envelope as well. This set is so cute, I'm thinking a few more card ideas may come to class. If you really like the set, I purchased it through Oriental Traders for $14 and it's called Mindy's Zoo.

So there you have it another sneak peek and here's your class reminder...Wednesday night's class (March 26th) starts at 6:30 pm and as usual there will be a half a dozen or so cards you can make for $1.00 each ($2.00 each with envelope). Most of you have your seat saved already but if I haven't heard from you in the past month or so and you wish to attend, please let me know ASAP.

Wishing each and every one of you a joyous Easter filled with many happy blessings! (And lots of chocolate rabbits and jelly beans, too!)

Tootles,
Suzanne

No comments: