Sunday, July 09, 2006

Scrapbooking Classes

Okay, so I haven't posted in awhile and then I make 3 posts in one sitting.

A couple of you have asked if I would start a scrapbooking class and have given me your ideas and thoughts about what you would like to see and learn. Basically, you all have photos that you want in albums and don't know where to start. Some of you (me included) need to scrap your wedding photos; some of you have vacation photos; some have special event photos; and some of you just need a kick start organizing and help with layouts.

So, how about we start with a class or maybe we should call it a workshop and we meet on the same day each month. First, we will meet to organize the photos we want to scrap first. Yes, I realize this means all of you will be bringing over your photos - boxes and boxes and boxes. That's fine - it's the best place to start. For this workshop we'll need a pencil and post it notes and possibly folders or something to put our sorted pictures in. This first workshop I'll give you some handouts with ideas for the album sizes to use, page layout examples, and some tips on which photos should and in some cases shouldn't be included. I'll also show you my method of organizing photos. Of course, we'll talk about the importance of titling, journaling, dates and names. (If you have your photos sorted - then you are off to a good start but come on over anyway and meet everyone.)

Once we've organized and everyone can see what it is they wish to tackle first, then onto our next workshop where actual layouts and creativity can begin! At the next meeting we need to decide if I'm going to create page layout kits for everyone or if you would prefer to bring what you have purchased and intend on using and just want a bit a creative 'helpies' and guidance.

If this sounds good to you --- please email to RSVP and let me know if you would like this to be a week night (after work) or a weekend afternoon. We'll start sometime the middle of August. Mostly likely we'll meet for 2 hours. This first workshop will be $2 or $3 to defray the printing costs, folders, etc. As mentioned above, we'll decide how the future workshops will be structured and base a price at that point.

No comments: