Wow! It's October, almost the end to be exact and we haven't had a class or anything! Many of you are aware of the health issues I had a couple of months back, rest assured, all is well and I'm fine now.
A couple of things, first a follow-up class is now scheduled for Wednesday, November 1st, 6:30 pm, let's finish the Perpetual Calendar. Remember those calendars we started during the summer and I promised we would finish??? I have to make 2 more besides the one I am trying to finish. If you want to make more, let me know and I'll make sure Anita and I have extra calendars on hand to purchase. Please RSVP by Monday, October 30, 2006. No cost to the follow up - just bring what you need to finish and I have all the supplies.
Second, you know I always love the new gadgets and have I found a super cool one! Recently, I read in a craft magazine about a new cordless hot glue gun --- wait that's not it -- but that is really cool and I can get you the information if you are interested in a cordless hot glue gun.
I started thinking (seriously dangerous on my part) that what if someone, somewhere made a cordless heat embossing tool??? Well, a little research on my part --- sure 'nuf --- found it. Ordered it. It will be here this week. Will post with the follow up on how well it works. It runs on butane, not batteries and would be most excellent to take to crops, craft fairs (my reason for purchasing), or even to hand around in class and not have to worry about that darn cord strangling everyone at the table. It costs about twice the price of a nice corded heat gun but still not so bad.
Here's the link if you are interested: http://www.worldsbestembossingtool.com
Now, having to wait until it arrives.....impatiently.....still waiting.....UPS man where are you???
Is anyone interested in a weekend afternoon long Christmas card making workshop? Most likely a Sunday afternoon unless I hear from everyone that a Saturday afternoon would be best. Or, how about the Friday, after Thanksgiving - for those of you who don't have to work or don't like to shop that particular day. Anyway, all the sales are in the morning and this wouldn't be until the afternoon. I'm thinking I might make it a flat rate say - $20/$25 for all the cards you wish to make plus snacks and drinks. Does that sound good? You would need to bring your own supplies as usual and I'd have a dozen or so different cards to choose from. You are welcome to make more than one of each style as well.
More later --- Happy Fall (finally).... Tootles & Hugs
No comments:
Post a Comment